Local pages for businesses can be eligible for a grey verification tick. If you are an admin, and your page is above a few likes, you can now apply in your page’s settings. The verification tick confirms that the Page is a true representation of your company, and, according to Facebook, will make your Page show up higher in search results – nice!
To verify your page, you can use your business’ phone number or even a business document.
To apply to be verified follow the below information:
- Click Settings
- Under General, click Page Verification
- Click Verify this Page, then Get Started
- Enter a listed phone number for your business
- Press Call Me Now to allow Facebook to call you with your verification code
- Now enter the 4-digit code and press Continue.
If you would rather verify your page with documents (and not a phone number), follow the exact same steps about but instead click ‘Verify this Page with documents instead‘ which can be seen at the bottom left of the page that appears.
Once these steps have been completed, Facebook will then review the information to confirm that it matches your business’ public records; and once this has been done you will be notified about your status within a few days!